The Catholic Library Association is now accepting proposals for its 2020 Fall Virtual Conference, which will be held online on Thursday, October 22nd and Friday, October 23rd, 2020.
Proposal Deadline: June 10, 2020
Conference Theme: Mission-Driven Leadership in Faith-Based Libraries
This year’s conference will look at the "why" as well as the "how" of what we do. What are your institution’s goals, and how are you contributing to them? Virtually all aspects of library work can help serve the mission and goals of an institution (acquisitions, research & referral, preservation, outreach, exhibitions, cataloging, circulation, etc.). We would like to hear how you are holding fast to your own faith, or the faith-based mission of your institution as you continue to do your work. Let us help each other navigate through disruptions in work flow and social patterns that we may have experienced this year, and stay focused on our goals.
- We strongly encourage proposals from librarians and archivists active and working in all settings (academic, school, public, special, etc.), as well as MLIS graduate students, retired librarians or volunteer librarians in parishes or small school libraries.
- Although we are the Catholic Library Association, speakers do not have to work in a Catholic library.
- Speakers must be available on at least one of the dates listed above, and have the use of a computer with a camera and microphone.
- Zoom software is the primary tool that will be used to conduct the conference, but ancillary tools can also be added (Prezi, PowerPoint slides, etc.) if desired.
- Instruction and support in the use of Zoom will be provided prior to the event.
- Proposal Deadline: June 10, 2020
- Notification of Accepted Proposals: June 30, 2020
- Schedule confirmation and Zoom training: early September
- Conference rehearsal: last week of September
If you have additional questions regarding proposals, contact the CLA Office at email@example.com or (225) 408-4417.
Click Here to Submit a Proposal!
Letter from CLA President Jack Fritts
Dear CLA members and friends,
During times like this, it is more important than ever for communities to come together, even when it is online or by phone. With many CLA members staying at home, we are making the March 2020 issue of Catholic Library World online, open access. The issue is also being mailed as usual. We want everyone to be able to see the relevant conference content before our virtual conference on April 2.
I encourage everyone to invite colleagues and friends to read the journal issue and to join us for the Spring 2020 virtual conference. With so many conferences and professional development opportunities being canceled at this time, the CLA conference will offer an opportunity to connect, learn, and develop professionally. The conference is free for CLA members and only $25 for nonmembers. “All are welcome.”
Participants will be able to earn a certificate of attendance that can be used as proof of participation. Click here to register. Please consider forwarding this message to a friend or colleague who would be interested in reading the journal and attending our conference.
I hope to see you there,
Jack Fritts, CLA President